Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Character Reputation

This topic has been closed.
    • 9115 posts
    June 4, 2017 6:21 PM PDT

Senadin said:

Kalgore you're an .....,

I know why you did it and i agree with the fact that what you did fits within the rules but you and your friend still are... 

Funny in a weird sort of sick way.

@ Kilsin I find it odd you ask this question when in fact you guys closed many thread such as this one regarding player rep.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5954/creating-social-accountability/view/page/2

Ill answer with what i wrote on that thread.

Funny tho, we cant rate each other in game but we rate plenty of things in real life.

Rate a restaurant, rate an UBER driver. Rate a movie/book etc!!

Basically there is a LOT of things that are rated out there that affect people in ways that actually matter to them.

I do have to say after writing this that i can see why and i do understand the potential abuse.

Yet i think it should be an option. Maybe not so much for down vote but maybe to upvote someone or a several players with whom you have played to let other knows they are awesome! Why punish the bad when you can be positive and rewards good behavior? Basically you could ONLY upvote someone. A cleric rezz your butt down in a dungeon deep? Upvote him, Someone teaches you how to pull a certain camp? UPVOTE... If a player griefs you, well fill a petition and let the GM deal with it. Only positivity is there to vote on a player.

The ADVANTAGE of this....

People with lots of upvote can/could get access to social store with dance moves, and stuff like particle effects, dyes etc.

When people see other players with neat titles or fancy particule effects or anything that will make other reach for the "cookie" then maybe you will change potential bad behavior.

So instead of looking at negative social accountability, look at it from a positive side.

So after having written that a while back, i came to the conclusion that one may think this could get abused but if you look at rating systems being used by UBER, TRIP ADVISOR, EBAY etc.

Most ratings tend to be a very accurate picture of what is being rated with in fact very little to no abuse. The reason why is because most rating process tend to take time to submit. People dont like to take this much time and simply dont bother.

Now if you follow the idea i proposed above, That of having ONLY positive UPVOTES then there is zero negativity and it forces folks to be better players.

What is the point of taking about player rep when nothing is done to support it?

I think it is fair to say that most folks do care about their rep but MOST games out there dont care about it and dont do anything or have any system in place to support a player rep! Which is frankly a damn shame! The year isnt 1999 and you cant expect people to police themselves much.

A carot system is better than a whip system!

EDIT: Apologies if this is being brought back. I know you guys said no player rep system but since this thread was brought for by you, I simply dont think you can ask about player rep without talking about yes, a rating system! Call it something else! A rating system is a bit un-RPG'esque i grant you that!

Call it community level or something similar. I just think that this would go a long way to support a rep system rather than hoping that the community will police itself which we all know after 20 years of MMO is in fact going to the way of the Dodo! Let's reward virtue and good community and ignore the jack assery, that would go a long way to support the players reputation.

cheers!

I asked this question a year ago as part of my CM questions, the post you linked was recent, hence why my post should have been searched for and added to instead of creating a duplicate topic which is in breach of the development forum guidelines.

We will not have a rating, reputation or ranking system, we have made this very clear.

I will now close my own post as people seem to be incapable of speaking about topics like this in a mature fashion.